Raw Food Recipes – This Strawberry Ginger and Turmeric Sorbet
This Strawberry Ginger and Turmeric Sorbet is a refreshing and energizing smoothie that’s thick, creamy, and naturally sweet. Packed with anti-inflammatory benefits and ingredients that are also great for digestion, this is one healthy dessert that tastes great and is good for you too!
- ½ cup unsweetened almond (or cashew) milk
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup frozen pineapple (about 6-8 cubes)
- 1 peeled, small, very ripe frozen banana (preferably broken up into small cubes)
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- ⅛ tsp. ginger
- (optional): ¼ tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract (this rounds out the flavor)
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender in the order listed. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, I suggest a really high-quality food processor instead.
- Blend on low, then progress to high until thick and creamy just like sorbet. If you have a Vitamix or Blendtec, use the frozen dessert feature and let it run its cycle. If you have a Vitamix, use the tamper as well. If you use a food processor, process until a thick, smooth, creamy consistency results.
- Scoop the mixture out to serve right away, or you can store it in reusable containers and freeze to eat later on (see notes).
If you decide not to eat this recipe right away (recommended), then you can keep it for later. Just be mindful that this sorbet will freeze solid in 6 hours and will require around 30 minutes of thawing on the counter before eating it if you choose to save it for later. You can also just freeze it for an hour or two to get it really cold and more like ice cream.
Ημερ. Δημοσίευσης:20 April 2017 10:55 pm