Raw Food Recipes – Sun Dried Tomato Truffles
These savory truffles are amazingly flavorsome, zesty, creamy, nutty and slightly gooey. They make a great snack when you need something savory, and they also make a perfect holiday party appetizer. Perfect for any time of year or get together!
- 2/3 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (or other nuts of choice or more almonds)
- 1/4 cup linseed (flax meal)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Paprika, to taste
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3 dates
- 1.5 TBSP organic tahini
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh basil (I used Thai basil)
- 6 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (I used cold pressed)
- 4 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes and dates in water for half an hour to an hour.
- Add to a blender the first set of ingredients (the dry ones) and pulse for few seconds until finely crumbled and mixed. Don’t turn it into a flour thought; leave some texture to it.
- Drain tomatoes and add them to the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is incorporated and sticky.
- Scoop out the mixture and roll the truffles into desired shapes. (I made round and square ones.) Place in fridge until ready to serve. ‘Dip’ in sesame seeds or herb mix before serving.
Ημερ. Δημοσίευσης:5 November 2015 7:13 pm