1/2 rose filling + 1/2 matcha green tea filling = 100% epic deliciousness. These raw vegan marzipan truffles would make the perfect gift for any raw chocolate or superfood lover, or just anyone with an adventurous sweet tooth.
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- 2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar, or maple syrup
- a pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp pure almond exctact
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp filtered water
- 1 tsp beet powder
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- a pinch sea salt
- In a high speed blender or food processor, buzz the shredded coconut to fine flour (only about 15-30 seconds in a high speed blender, do not do it too long or you will get butter). Set aside in a bowl.
- To a food processor, add the almond butter, coconut butter, coconut nectar, sea salt, extracts, and water and blend until smooth.
- Add the reserved coconut and process until smooth like dough.
- Divide in two, and knead the beet powder and rosewater into one, and the matcha into the other.
- Roll into balls about 1 1/2 inch diameter, and place on a parchment lined tray. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk together all chocolate ingredients until smooth, then dip each marzipan ball into the chocolate one by one, let the excess drain off and set back on the foil (I like to set them on a fork to dip them).
- Sprinkle the matcha ones with matcha if desired and garnish the rose ones with dried roses. Set in the freezer until the chocolate hardens, about 5 minutes.
*note: if you wish to make only one type of the truffles, omit the ingredients for the other (like the beet powder and rose, if you are just making matcha, or the matcha if you are making rose), and double the ingredient for the one you are making for example, 2 tsp beet powder and 2 tsp rosewater for the rose.
Ημερ. Δημοσίευσης:15 May 2017 10:20 pm