Raw Food Recipes – Naturally Sweet Fig and Almond Energy Bites
Rich in protein, iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, magnesium, fiber, natural sweetness, and with no added sugar, these bites are the perfect no-bake treat to enjoy in place of sugary treats. Enjoy as a snack and keep them in the fridge all week long or feel free to free them for even longer storage.
- Soak the dates, figs, and almonds overnight in a bowl covered with some cold water. Use enough water just enough to cover them.
- The next day (or at least 6 hours later), drain the water off the dates, figs, and almonds. Discard the soaking water.
- Put the dates, figs, almonds, coconut, hemp seeds, and the vanilla in a food processor in that order. Also, add the 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice if using (don’t use store-bought since it’s high in sugar.) Process until you get a thick dough like cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into small bites (balls about 1 inch thick) into a round shape and place on a glass plate spread evenly apart.
- Sprinkle with extra coconut if desired.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set and serve. Or, cover them in a reusable glass container and keep for one week in the fridge.
Feel free to substitute the hemp seeds with more almonds or another raw nut of choice if you don’t have any on hand. You can also leave out the coconut if desired and use more almonds. These bites are versatile, use what you wish!
Ημερ. Δημοσίευσης:18 May 2017 10:04 pm